Monday, June 17, 2013

Indonesian Food : Stir - fry Bean Sprouts with Baby Corn and White Oyster Mushroom

I used to don't like vegetables.. really don't! even carrot, no! I just could eat spinach and kale.. I don't like it.. Every vegetables taste bitter for me.. I could crying if anyone forced me to eat vegetables.. But, this last 8 months, I started to could eat vegetables.. Why?


If people say "love could change you" or "you'll do anything for love", then it's right! hahaaa..

My boyfriend loves vegetables.. I still remember it, the 2 days after we've been a couple, I came to his place and He ordered "Gado-gado" for our lunch.. "Gado-gado" is one of Indonesian mix vegetables with peanut sauce.. I thought like, "Oh God.. I even can't eat carrot, how could I eat all of this bitter vegetables??" and like a sweet new couple (hahaa..), He fed me the "Gado-gado" into my mouth.. I was really wanto to crying that time.. I didn't want to chew it.. I was wondering if I could just swallow it.. and that time, my boyfriend realized that I hate vegetables.. and from that time also, He pushed me to eat vegetables in every my eat time.. at least 2 times a day..

Ok, so here I am! after 8 months, I even could make my own vegetables food now! hoorraayyy.....

This is one of my favorite vegetables food.. Salad identical to a fresh vegetables that we eat with dressing and some complementary like fish, chicken, or bacon.. but in Asia, we cook our vegetables.. we make it as a soup, or just stir-fry it.. My Mom loves to cook me many kinds of stir-fry vegetables.. and this is one of  that She taught me.. It's "Stir-fry Bean Sprouts with Baby Corn and White Oyster Mushroom"..




I like many kinds of stir-fry vegetables food.. because it easy to make, but has a really good taste.. 

So, this is my recipe!


Stir-fry Bean Sprouts with Baby Corn and White Oyster Mushroom

250 gr            bean sprouts (washed and drained)

250 gr            white oyster mushrooms (washed and drained)

5 pieces           baby carrot (sliced, washed and drained)

2 cloves          garlic (sliced)

1 cloves           shallot (sliced)

2                     red chili (sliced)

1/2 tsp            salt

1 tbs                olive oil

2 tbs               water


1. Heat your pan on the stove to medium-low heat. Put in the garlic, stir until it turns golden. Put in the shallots and chili. Stir until you could smell the flavor of its.

2. Put in the baby carrot. Stir for 1 minutes, then put in the mushrooms. Stir for 30 seconds.

3. Taste your carrot, if it already becomes tender, then put in the bean sprout. Stir for a while. Season it with salt.

4. Give 2 tbs of water, stir, then close your pan. Wait for about 1 minute.

5. Taste the bean sprout. If it'a already soft, turn off your stove and move all of it to a small bowl.


And this is it! This is my Stir-fry Beans Sprouts with Baby Carrots and White Oyster Mushrooms!




I always make some stir-fry vegetable foods when I'm in hurry.. 


Let's try it and enjoy it for your lunch..

Happy cooking! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I wonder what the taste of it. I will now try to cook this so that I can taste it. By the way, do you also have a stir fried chicken? That was my favorite dish.

    ReplyDelete